While I am writing this blog post I have just finished a long, long shift. A bad one. But because of that, I though it was a good idea to think about the things that make me happy. Simple, little things that make me smile and feel all happy and warm inside.
Join me and if you want share with me the little things that cheer you up.
1. When my boyfriend gets the bed ready for me & switches on the fairy lights. It just leaves a beautiful, calm and relaxing environment in the room. Perfect after a long, busy, disappointing day like today. It is lovely.
2. Having a bath. There is nothing that I love the most than a warm bubble bath in this cold winter. I just stay there for half an hour reading or listening to classical music. I feel so relaxed, light and happy that if I am not careful I could easily drown myself!
3. Playing the piano. This makes me really happy! It takes me back in time when I was 7 or 8 years old when I first started to play the piano. And it just brings me a lot of peace.
4. Shopping. Right? Every woman loves a bit of shopping, it always cheers me up. So I do love going to town with my boyfriend and even if I don’t buy anything, it does make me happier with no doubt.
5. Travelling. Apart from the stress at the airport prior to getting in the airplane, travelling is something that I always enjoy doing – and I do it quite often. Every three months more or less I come back to Madeira and that gives me the joy of flying in the beautiful blue sky watching the fluffy clouds from above. I wish I could do it more often. Reading during a flight is my favourite thing to so, although it does make me sleepy at times, when I go on an early flight!
What about you, tell me the things that make you happy & relaxed!