Every girl in the world has been through a break-up. And if you haven’t, one day you will. Unless you are one of them lucky girls that found the love of her live at first sight!
Along with loving comes a lot of good things but, when the relationship gets to an end – and that happens more than it should – a lot of bad things get in the mix as well. Heart break, suffering, crying, thinking that he was the one and you will never find anyone like him… I guess you all know what I am talking about.
And I the end, it is normal having to go through a very sad period after a break-up because you actually put a lot of effort and gave a lot of yourself to this relationship. You have done everything to make it work but still it didn’t. And at this time you are thinking “What have I done wrong?”.
Today I am here to tell you that you can and you will survive this. And here is how you will do it.
1. Cry a lot. It is ok to cry. You need to do it. So cry and relief yourself from all the pain or anger you feel inside. Cry for 1 minute, 1 hour, whatever you need. But don’t hold it in. That will only make it worse – I know what I am talking about.
2. Pamper yourself. Because he doesn’t want to be with you anymore doesn’t mean that you have to be in your fluffy PJ’s for two weeks. Have a bubble bath and do a face mask while listening to great music. That does wonders for me. Fill yourself with body lotion afterwards. And now you look fresh, clean, great!
3. Do something you love. Sometimes while in a relationship, you put so much effort into it that you kind of forget what you love doing. I know I did. So if you love something, start doing it often. You will soon find out how good it is to be single sometimes and have time for yourself.
4. And although it is good to be on your own and do things you love, try not to be on your own for too long. That will bring you down even more. Get your best friend to take you out somewhere. To the new restaurant that opened in town or for some shopping too! We all love some new clothes or makeup, right? It always sheers me up!
5. Find emotional support. Keeping your thoughts and feelings to yourself most of the times is not ideal. Not at all. So find emotional support in someone you truly trust. Or, if you prefer, you can find a therapist if it is something pretty serious that your family and close friends can’t help you with.
6. How could I forget? Block him on Facebook. Or delete him. I know it sound radical but the worst you can do is scroll down his timeline remembering the good moments you’ve had while you cry a lot eating chocolate. Not a good image. I know must of us girls like to stalk them on facebook. Find out if they are already dating someone or what have they been up to but that does nothing but bad, horrible things to you. So, block or delete him. Are you ready for it?
7. “Let’s stay friends”, No, no way. Unless you feel ready for it. One day I read something like this – “If two ex lovers can remain friends, it’s either they are still in love or never were!” and I strongly believe this. Anyways, if you don’t have the same opinion that take a moment to think about if remaining friends with him will or not benefit you. Sometimes, it is appropriate to let everything heal slightly before making these moves. Thing about it!
8. If you feel like you want to get drunk, call some friends. You will need support, believe me. You will need someone that will throw your phone down the toilet or out of a window when you are trying to drunk text me. We know drunk text aaallllwayysss goes wrong. So, never get drunk on your own.
9. Write. Like crying, writing will relief your soul from all the pain and sorrow. Write all the broken-hearted love letters you want. But just don’t send them.
10. Last but not least, don’t scheme to get him back. Scheme to get yourself back. Do something for yourself. Again. Read, dance while naked and no one is watching. Paint your bedroom, or dye your hair. I don’t care. Do something for yourself. Thank will make you feel great.